Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Multitude Monday #2

holy experience

I love listing blessings. My mind keeps turning towards them throughout the week -- "What can I thank Christ for today?" I'm grateful for the opportunity to list them here:

6) Unexpected visits from long-missed friends

7) Late night conversations about faith, spirits, and the fate of the world
(These two very much go together. Shaune's friend Charlie was in the area on spring break from college and graced us with his presence. He is such an encouragement!)

8) A fully stocked fridge

9) Long conversations with my mom

10) "Mental Health Days" filled with the music of a long-set-aside viola (Shaune is a brilliant musician. I'm so blessed to have a music-filled house)

11) A box becoming ever more filled with teddies (We have 8 so far. We're shipping it to Mother Bear when we have 10)

12) Library Cards!

13) Family-in-law who have accepted me as one of their own

14) Green grass outside my window

15) A Father who sacrificed the status quo to reach out to both of his lost sons (see Luke 15)

3 comments:

Annesta said...

Have you read The Return of the Prodigal Son?http://www.christianbook.com/the-return-of-the-prodigal-son/henri-nouwen/9780385473071/pd/47307
It's a great book on Luke 15.
I join you in gratitude for Family-in-law who accepts you as their own. A true blessing indeed!

Jenny P. said...

Thank you for the link! I haven't read that one, but my church is studying together Prodigal God by Timothy Keller for Lent this year. It really focuses on the elder brother's lostness, which is so common in the modern church. I'll have to look up you recommendation when I head to the library this week!

Jena Webber said...

YOu are so blessed!