Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The "S" Word

Yesterday afternoon I was running errands and happened to turn on my radio just in time to catch the end of Chris Fabry Live on Moody Bible Radio. The whole show was on the "S" word. Not a real curse word, unless you've been brought up in today's post-feminist culture. Have you guessed it yet?

Submission.

I'll let you listen to the show yourself. There was too much in it for me to do it any justice. They touched on what submission really means (honor, respect) and also what it does not mean (allowing yourself to be abused). They took calls from listeners who were really stuggling with this issue for some really heart-touching reasons. I felt my own heart challenged... I don't like to not be in control. I'm growing, but boy is submission NOT one of my spiritual gifts!

There were two definitions they presented that I just had to share because they were like getting hit in the head: "Oh! So THAT'S what that means!" May you have an "ahha moment" today as well!

1. Meekness: Strength Under Control
As in "Blessed are the meek" (Matt 5:5)

2. Submission: Voluntary Cooperation
As in "Wives, submit to your husbands" (Eph 5:22)

No comments: