Monday, April 23, 2012

Whooo loves you?



It's been one of those months. Just one thing after another after another. Some good, some bad, plently of neutral that still saps your energy. I don't want to get into it all, but know this: everyone's ok or very soon shall be :)

Last week I snuck off after bedtime to do a little sewing therapy for myself :) Sometimes when everything seems too much, disappearing to just create something is more soothing than I can put words to. Since we had a few specific needs around here - primarily in the diapering area - I was sewing "practical" rather than "just for fun," but who can complain when your fabric loves you! Aren't these owls just stinking cute?! I'm in love right back at them!

Simple pail liner

This is a specialty fabric called PUL. It's waterproof and a favorite in the cloth diaper community. It's one layer of polyester knit fuzed with a layer of laminiate. Any cloth diapers you buy on the market are most likely PUL. I've started collecting cuts for my big endeavor (lol, eventually). Most have to be bought online - but! - Joanns started selling a line right before Christmas! Every Joann's now has a few bolts of darling PUL available to home sewers, plus the accessories you need to make cloth diapers.

One size pocket diaper

Which, I of course, just had to make :) I'm trying out different patterns - this one is completely different than the one I showed off before. I like it better; it fits Grace better.

Pocket inner - look how professional!

I upgraded my inner, too, adding a strip of PUL at the waist to prevent wicking and changing to a better style pocket openning. And I used a soft fuzzy white microsuede this time - my favorite innner from the diapers I've purchased, so of course I want to use it on the ones I'm making.

Sewing therapy helps. So does leaving Grace with Grandma and disappearing overnight. One foot in front of the other. I miss you, blog buddies! May all be well in your world.

No comments: