Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Adventures in Preston-Land

We're doing something this week that I NEVER in a MILLION YEARS thought we'd be doing -- at least, not yet. I thought you had to be at least 30... and rich... or something, before anyone would even take you seriously. But NO! Even humble little us has a chance at this. Guessed what it is yet?

We're house hunting!



Looking at important things, like where the dryer vents.

I'm a numbers girl. I've always loved math. As a grown-up, I don't get to do nearly as much math as I did when I was in school. Sometimes, I come up with math projects for me to do just for entertainment value (I'm broken and have come to terms with this...). Well, earlier this month I did a cost-benefit analysis of renting vs. owning the place that we live. You know what I found? We can save over $100 a month by purchasing a home with the exact same floor plan we're living in now! And, I can paint! And, we can do whatever we want to the yard. And, and, and! I'm almost beside myself with excitement.

We've toured 6 homes so far. One was a real gem and we were about to put money on it, but then noticed some issues we weren't comfortable with having to refinish right away (**shudder** mold...). There's another list of 3 or so we'll be seeing tomorrow evening. The photographs look really promising and I can't wait to get in there!

Blogging may be scarce over the next few weeks as we pursue this adventure. I also start my new job as a bank teller first thing Monday morning. But never fear, I'll pop in for some excitement as able!

1 comment:

Amy said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see where you guys end up. :) House hunting is tiring but fun in a way.