Friday, October 15, 2010

I forgot to tell you...

In the midst of everything else, I forgot to tell you how our initial appointment with our OB went!

It's routine at the practice I go to to do early ultrasounds, mostly to correctly date the pregnancy. For me, this has extra significance: I needed to know that Baby was, and is, ok. I have faith in God of course, but I was having so much anxiety about the what-might-bes that when the ultrasound was offered, I definately accepted. I needed that reassurance.

Reassured I was!

Our happy little baby was bouncing all around during the whole procedure. You wouldn't think a 9 1/2 week old could get around much, but this little one was. The tech had to do the measurements a couple times because Baby wouldn't stay still. Then, right at the very end, Baby started waving his/her little arms. It was everything I needed and then some to feel safe, confident, and loved. Everything is going to be ok -- no matter what. It was such a blessing.

Just thought you'd like to know!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's so wonderful! I can't tell you how tickled I am that you're expecting. What delightful times lie ahead, dear Jenny!

Amy

Mrs. G said...

It's always reassuring to be reassured! :-) Thanks for the good news!
Paris

Sarah said...

That is wonderful news! It brought back memories of when I had my first ultrasound with little David - he too was about 10 weeks and was bouncing all over the screen! I am so incredibly happy for you.

P.S. David wanted me to invite you and Shuane to a 108th IL cookout we're having here on the 7th of November in the late afternoon/evening. If you can make it that would be awesome!