Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Adventures in Mountain-Land

Our honeymoon is absolutely amazing. I've never had so much fun in my entire life -- including the actual wedding (which to be honest, was stressful as can be imagined and I was thrilled when it was over). The primary characteristic of this vacation is... nothing. We're staying at a bed & breakfast where the sweet innkeeper prepares our meals and always has a snack on the table. There's a lovely fireplace. A cute little town. And my personal favorite... lots of rocks to climb! Since I was a little girl, I've always enjoyed going "up, up, up!" especially on rocks. I love to look at the world from a different angle.

Nothing can compare with rocks over water. When it's warm enough (sadly, it's not right now) I sit down and just stare as the water moves around me. Waterfalls are hypnotizing.



We check out on Friday then visit with relatives all over the country for the next three days. I'm sad and joyful at the same time -- this will be my first Christmas ever away from my family, which is hard to imagine, but at the same time I'm with my dear husband alone, making new traditions for our family-to-be.

Merry Christmas, blog-world! Don't forget to thank the Savior, who is the cause of all this celebration!

No comments: