Monday, March 7, 2011

30 Weeks and Nesting

Why can't I nest like other pregnant women? You know -- sew up a few cute little things, spend way too much money buying cute little wall decor, clean everything so it shines like a hospital? That would be normal. I've never been normal. Instead, I decided to destroy the only bathroom in our house:


Yeah... that's smart.

The tile's coming down, and so is most of the paster behind it. 80 year old plaster in a bathroom with bad tile permanently adhered doesn't like to stay on the wall. It's a hot mess. Shaune called in reinforcements: I'm kicked out on Saturday and the boys are replastering the whole disaster; then we'll paint and retile (just the shower area this time). Don't watch HGTV ladies... it'll give you an inflated sense of ability.

And maybe THEN I'll the moving boxes out of what-will-be the nursery! This poor child... lol. At least we've got a carseat. Beyond that, her mom's insane.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! I love this picture!! :) Alas, I know too well what overzealous do-it-yourselfer mode can be like. But your bathroom is going to look great when it's done. I'd be more excited about a bathroom than wall decor and stuff, personally. :) And you still have 10 weeks! Baby's room will be lovely by the time she arrives!!

Amy said...

I'm with Sarah Jane! My thoughts exactly!