Thursday, February 5, 2009

The month of Babies and More

This month, seems to be the month when everyone seems to go about being born. Every single weekend in February I have a different baby-related event to attend. And they're all miracle births, none the less.I'm not complaining! I love little ones so much... soon now...

Last weekend was my dear Husband's 27th birthday. Happy birthday, Love! This one may not have been particularly miraculous, except that now you're in my life.

This weekend I have a baby shower I'm co-hosting for a dear friend. Becky and her husband have been waiting so long... finally, their little one will join them in March.

February 15th is the 1st birthday of my dear cousin, another long-waited miracle. We didn't think she'd ever be here or make it this long. She was born as a result of my aunt and uncle going through several painful years of fertility treatments. After that, she was born at 31 weeks, weighing barely 2lb. Even though she's still barely over 10lb, she's a beautiful sunny Princess who's always grinning and can't seem to keep still.

February 22nd is my baby brother's birthday. He's not a baby anymore, he'll be 9, but he's such a dear boy. He was an unexpected blessing to our family, long after my parents had given up trying for a third child.

It's a busy month!!

******
I've been so busy since Christmas that we've been buying bread instead of baking it. I seeked out the best bet I could find -- a 12-grain that was also affordable and tasty. Well, just today I realized WHY it's tasty: high fructrose corn syrup is #3 on the ingredients list, only following flour and water. Yuck! I can't believe we've been eating this! So I'm trying my hand at homemade multi-grain today, throwing in a little of what we've got.

In the mix: 2tbsp quinoa, 2tbsp oatmeal, 1tbsp flax seed, and the rest is white flour. It's rising now, I plan on making sub rolls to have for dinner (it's soup and sandwich night). I'll let you know how it works!
******

I'm not typically a video game player, I just don't understand most of them. But my husband loves to play. For his birthday I bought him a game he's been talking about for months -- Katamari Damacy. It's imported from Japan.
This is probably the most silly, hilarious, addicting thing I've ever seen in my life. You play a little green space prince who's dad accidentally blew up the stars. You roll balls (called Katamari) around on earth picking up junk, animals, people, buildings, whatever you can grab so the king can turn them into stars. It's absurd and strangely entertaining. We've been playing nonstop since he opened it. It's a lot of fun, especially for older kids.


1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

Sometimes the "everybody's pregnant except me" thing can really weigh on you. Now, you didn't say anything like that, I'm just verbalizing how *I'd* feel. Hang in there and enjoy those miracle babies!

Paris